Many Ayr United fans dream of playing on Somerset Park’s hallowed turf and now you have the chance to SLEEP on the famous pitch as part of SeAscape’s unique fundraiser to highlight homelessness and poverty in South Ayrshire.
Sunday 6th April 2019 | Arrival from 7pm onwards
Free parking beside the football ground. *Please note under 18s must be accompanied by an appropriate adult.
The Somerset Sleepout is a great way to build awareness of the issue of homelessness and poverty in our home town, whilst raising much-needed funds, which are used to deliver the work we do to tackle poverty and homelessness in South Ayrshire.
- A sleeping bag
- Lots of layers of warm, waterproof clothing (remember your hat & gloves!)
- Cardboard to use underneath your sleeping bag as it helps to keep out the cold
- Your own snacks and drinks if you wish
- No alcohol, but there will be a bar serving wine & beer until 11.30pm
- Enjoy live entertainment until 11pm
- From 11pm we ask participants to keep noise to a minimum to respect neighbours who may be asleep
- Hot food will be available to purchase during the evening
- Tea/coffee and a hot roll will be provided free of charge from 5am
- Access to toilets
By taking part in our sleep out on 6th April, you will be helping us to tackle Homelessness and Poverty in Ayrshire head on.
Our preferred method is to set up your own online fundraising page or visit Virgin Money Giving (Somerset Sleepout 2019) After registering, you will be prompted to pay your £5 registration fee which reserves your place at the event. There is no maximum or minimum fundraising target as your best efforts are much appreciated.
There is also a fantastic prize for the individual who raises the most sponsorship!
If you would rather pay by cheque or cash, this can be done by dropping in to our SeAscape Head Office at Boswell House, 10-12 Arthur Street, Ayr KA7 1QJ.
Your registration fee covers your complimentary hot roll, tea or coffee in the morning after the event, and also covers our event costs.
Do I need to bring a ticket to the event?
No. However, your name will be on the event list at the entry point and you will be given a band to hand over to the catering van in the morning who will provide your breakfast.
What if the weather’s bad, will it still go ahead?
As this is an outdoor event, we will proceed in most cases of bad weather, unless it is unsafe for participants to do so. In the case of rain there are sheltered areas in the stand where participants can sleep. Participants are, however, free to leave at any time that they wish once they have signed out of the football ground.